PolyMet Mining Ownership
PolyMet Mining takes pride in being an investor-owned company with a diversity of shareholders both large and small, all of whom have a stake in the project being built in an environmentally responsible manner. These precious investment dollars are almost entirely spent in Minnesota to the benefit of Minnesotans. It’s PolyMet shareholders and their confidence in the project that makes the project possible.
As a large investor in PolyMet, does Swiss-based Glencore Xstrata run the company?
- No. Glencore has representation on the board of directors, which is elected by shareholders. This board serves like corporate boards in a governance role and leaves daily operational decision-making to the PolyMet executive team.
- PolyMet’s largest single investor is Glencore Xstrata plc., with nearly one-third ownership. Its investment dollars are playing a pivotal role in providing the sound financial backing necessary to properly develop the project and support the professional expertise necessary for a project of this nature
- Glencore is a sound and respected global mining company that has made a significant investment in Minnesota. The millions of dollars invested in PolyMet are dollars that are invested in Minnesota, its economy and workers.
- Day-to-day project oversight and management is a function of PolyMet’s Minnesota team.
Who else is invested in PolyMet Mining?
- PolyMet shares (approximately 275 million shares outstanding) trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange. These shares are held by a wide range of individual investors, funds and institutional investors both in the U.S. and abroad.
View a PDF of the ownership fact sheet.
« Back to FAQs